The National Association of Memorial Masons
A memorial should be a lasting tribute perpetuating a life. It therefore needs to be well made and securely erected. Often it is difficult for a person buying a memorial to assess the quality and workmanship that should be expected. To avoid unnecessary future expense, regret or even distress,it is advaisable to choose a memorial mason who is required to work to certain specified standards.
Choosing a member of The National Association of Monumental Masons offers the following safeguards :
Eight reasons for buying a memorial from a member of NAMM
- All members are expected to carry out memorial work to standards acceptable to the Association
- All members are skilled memorial masons with a full understanding of their craft and therefore capable of providing a proper aftercare service.
- All members must be well established businesses with a proven trade record.
- All members must adhere to a strict code of ethics.
- All members are required to have public liability insurance cover.
- All members are encouraged to take part in training schemes,seminars and craft competitions organised by the Association to promote high standards of craftmanship.
- All members are able to offer memorial insurance through schemes approved by the Association – these cover all risks including vandalism.
- In the event of any problem arising, all members are bound by the finding of the Associations Independant Conciliation and Arbitration service.